Floral meatballs. When we reached out to Brendan McCaskey to create some savory floral recipes for you, he exceeded all of our hopes and dreams. This recipe is mouth-wateringly delicious. It's the perfect combination of fresh and rich. The flowers, tomato, and yogurt create the perfect compliment to the beef and pork meatballs and the saltiness of the cheese will make your heart grow three sizes. It's the PERFECT late summer recipe and we're so excited to share it with you. As always, if you give the recipe a shot, we'd love to see the results. Share your pictures with us on Instagram with the hashtag #eatyourflowers.
Feta Dill Meatball Pitas - Makes 4 Servings
1/2lb Ground Beef
1/2lb Ground Pork
1/2 Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled
1/4 Cup Fresh Dill, Chopped
1/8 Cup Toasted Pine nuts
2 Tablespoons Bread Crumbs
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Borage Blossoms
1/4 Cup Arugula Blossoms
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
2. In a large bowl mix together ground beef, pork, feta, dill, pine nuts, 1 egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, & sherry vinegar. Separate and roll the meat into 12 equally portioned balls and place meatballs on a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the oven until meatballs are firm, about 15 minutes.
4. Squeeze half a lemon into the greek yogurt and mix together.
5. Place 3 meatballs on a warm pita, and spoon greek yogurt over the meatballs. Top with chopped tomatoes and garnish with borage and arugula blossoms. Serve immediately.
photos by: Amy Frances Photography