Rhea is back today with another recipe using some beautiful edible flowers! Today's recipe will totally wow your guests at your next dinner party. Or, make it for yourself and binge watch your favorite show on Netflix while you feel good about how pretty your TV snack is. Live your life. We don't judge here.
Sautéed Asparagus with Hollandaise and Arugula Blossoms courtesy of: Hot Dog Food Blog
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, 1/2-inch of bottom stem removed and discarded
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup arugula blossoms
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Make the magic happen:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in the asparagus spears and season with salt and pepper. Toss occasionally, cooking for 5-8 minutes until slightly softened, but still crisp. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, make the hollandaise sauce. In a medium aluminum bowl, whisk by hand or use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs and the lemon juice together until the mixture becomes thick and almost doubles in size. Place the bowl over a small pot of barely simmering water, or a double broiler if you have on. Continue to whisk as you very slowly pour in the melted butter. Be mindful not to pour it in too fast, or you may risk scrambling your eggs.
- Keep whisking, whisking, whisking, until the butter is incorporated and the mixture is thick and doubles in size again. Add in the cayenne pepper and a small pinch of salt. Whisk to combine. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To plate, lay the asparagus out onto a plate, pour the hollandaise sauce over top and garnish with arugula blossoms.