Next up in our series of edible flower recipes we teamed up with the beautiful, talented duo behind SEE Salt. They brought us a grilled cheese sandwich that we basically died over. As I'm typing this my mouth is watering... It's THAT good. Picture this... Fresh baked brioche topped with thick, gooey slices of brie, HUGE blackberries, and springs of the most gorgeous lavender you've ever tasted. Are you excited yet?
Grilled Lavender Brie-oche
courtesy of SEE Salt
- Triple cream brie
- Brioche bread
- Fresh lavender
- Sea salt
Make the magic happen:
- Slice brioche bread about 1/2 inch thick.
- Remove skin from Brie. Slice. (We like ours thick!)
- Build sandwich. Place brie down first. Then about 6 large whole blackberries. You can place actual lavender sprigs in the sandwich (optional)
- Turn pan on medium-low heat. Place a large pad of butter in pan with minced lavender leaves.
- Lay sandwich down in pan. Let bread toast and cheese and blackberries begin to meld together.
- Place 3 small pads of butter on the top slice of brioche and carefully flip over.
- Toast. This side will brown much faster.
- Slice and sprinkle with sea salt while hot. Enjoy the melting sweet, savory and aromatic flavor of this INCREDIBLE sandwich!
photos: Amy Frances Photography